How to install Kali Linux 2021.1
How to install Kali Linux 2021.1
Kali linux Arguably one of the best out-of-the-box Linux Security Distribution Available for Testing. While many of Kali’s tools can be installed in most Linux distributions, the aggressive security team developing Kali has spent countless hours completing their ready-to-boot security delivery.
Kali linux Is a safe Debian-based Linux Distribution It is pre-loaded with hundreds of well-known security devices and has earned a name for itself.
Kali has some minimum suggested specifications for hardware. Depending on intended use, more may be desired. This guide will run assuming that readers want to install Kali as the only operating system on the computer.
- At least 20GB disk space; Strongly encouraged to do more.
- At least 2GBMB of RAM; More specifically, graphical environments are encouraged.
- USB or CD / DVD boot support
- Available from iso Kali linux download Page.
Create bootable USB using dd command
This guide must have been assuming that A. Usb The drive is available to use as installation media. Note that the USB drive must be close 4/8 GB As much as possible All data will be deleted!
The author has issues with large USB drives, but some may still work. Regardless, follow the next few steps Will result in data loss on USB drive.
Please be sure to backup all data before proceeding. This bootable Kali Linux USB drive is to be made from another Linux machine.
Phase 1 To receive Kali Linux ISO. This guide is going to use the current latest version of Kali Enlightenment Linux desktop environment.
To get this version, type the following wget command In a terminal.
$ cd ~/Downloads $ wget -c https://cdimage.kali.org/kali-2021.1/kali-linux-2021.1-installer-amd64.iso
Will download the above two commands Kali Linux ISO Current user ‘download’ Folder.
Next process is Write iso to boot from usb drive Installer. We can use it to accomplish this dd tool Within Linux. First, the disk must be located with the name lsblk command although.
With the name of the USB drive as defined
/dev/sdc, Kali ISO can be written with a drive ‘dd’ equipment.
$ sudo dd if=~/Downloads/kali-linux-2021.1-installer-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdc
Important: The above command requires root privileges Sudo Or login as the root user to run the command. Also, it will order Remove all On Usb Drive. Be sure to backup the required data.
Once the ISO is copied to the USB drive, proceed to install Kali Linux.
Kali Linux distribution setup
1. First, plug the USB drive into the respective computer that should be Kali installed and proceed to boot on the USB drive. Upon successful booting into the USB drive, the user will be presented with the following screen and should proceed with it ‘Install’ or ‘Graphical installation’ the option.
This guide will be used ‘Graphical installation’ way.
2. The next pair of screens will ask the user to select local information such as Language: Hindi, country, And The keyboard Layout.
Once through the local information, the installer will prompt for a Host name And Domain To set this up. Provide information appropriate to the environment and continue to install it.
3. After installing Host name And Domain Name, you need to create a new user account instead of the root account for non-administrative activities.
४. After the password is set, the installer will prompt for it Time Zone Stop on data and disk partitions.
If operating only on a machine, the easiest option is to use ‘Directed – Use Full Disc’ And then select the storage device you want to install Kali.
5. The next question will prompt the user to determine the partition on the storage device. Most installs can only put all data on a partition.
६. The last step asks the user to confirm all changes to disk on the host machine. Be aware that willpower continue Delete data on disk.
… Once the partition changes are confirmed, the installer will go through the process of installing the files. Once this is completed, the system will prompt you to select software that will set up a standard desktop environment with the necessary tools.
… After the software installation is complete, the system will ask for the grub to be installed. Again this guide assumes that Kali is the only operating system on this computer.
to select ‘Yes’ This screen will allow the user to select the device to write the required boot loader information to the hard drive to Kali boot.
९. Once the installer finishes installing meal For Drive, it will alert the user Reboot Machine to boot into the newly installed Kali machine.
10. Since this guide installed the guide XFCE Desktop Environmentally, it will likely be the default boot.
Once it boots, log in as a user quofact ‘With the password created earlier in the installation process.
This time, Kali linux Successfully installed and ready to use!